Monday, August 24, 2015

August Counseling Lessons - 4th & 5th Grade Classes

Fourth and fifth grade students participated in their first counseling lesson of the school year this week. Swap classes came together to meet with me in the amphitheater for around 50 minutes to learn about me and my role as their school counselor. Fourth grade students listened to song clips to determine some times they might want to visit the school counselor.  Some of the song clips students listened to include Help! by the Beatles, Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin, Mean by Taylor Swift, Bad Day by Daniel Powter, and Happy by Pharrell.


Fifth grade students completed a poster rotation activity to review my role as a school counselor as well as to review the bullying unit they completed last year.




   

 



After completing the rotations, we reviewed what they wrote on the posters and all students should have left with a clear understanding of my role as their school counselor, procedures for making an appointment with me, strategies to use to stop a bully, and procedures for reporting bullying at Paine Intermediate.

If you have any concerns about your child or feel like your child needs to meet with me, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime at lauren.blake@trussvillecityschools.com or (205) 228-3387.  I am looking forward to a wonderful year with your children!

No comments:

Post a Comment